- Acting for and advising a multinational hotel chain on the acquisition of an 80 unit Hotel Complex including due diligence investigations, construction and commercial contracts and obtaining approvals from the relevant regulatory authorities. Ongoing advice has included franchise agreements and various matters relating to the Financial Advisers Act 2008.
- Preparing numerous applications for and successfully obtaining consent from the Overseas Investment Office on behalf overseas purchasers of sensitive land under the Overseas Investment Act 2005.
- Acting for and advising various commercial clients including assistance with due diligence investigations, acquisition and divestment of business assets, trade mark applications, franchise agreements and preparing commercial agreements.
- Acting for and advising numerous migrant clients in relation to Long Term Business Visa applications, Residency (Skilled Migrant and Investor) Applications, Work Permits.
- Acting for and advising New Zealand employers in relation to relevant accreditations to employ seasonal vineyard workers.
- Extensive experience in all facets of Property Law including subdivisions, commercial leasing, commercial and residential conveyancing.
- Regular presentations to local business groups on topical legal issues.
- Regular contributor of articles on topical legal issues that have been published in the Sunday Star Times, Fine Print (NZ Law Limited) and Grape Press (Central Otago Wine Grower’s Association).
- Regular attendance at internal and external client networking events.
- Regular contact with Queenstown, New Zealand and International professionals.
Level 1, 1 Searle Lane
PO BOX 1399, 9348