The holiday period is upon us. In keeping with tradition, Goldman Legal will be open and fully operational throughout the upcoming holidays.
However as many businesses close down over this time, along with local, regional and and government regulatory bodies, it is important to be aware of the following key dates that may affect your property, business or immigration law matters.
- Friday the 23rd of December 2016 is the last “working day” under the ADLS/REINZ Agreement for Sale and Purchase;
- For the purpose of calculating conditional dates the next working day after the 23rd of December is Friday 6th of January 2017;
- We recommend that you have current title searches for any listings that you may have because the Government Land Registry has limited searching capabilities during the holiday season;
- Queenstown Lakes District Council will NOT be accepting any Speed LIM applications between 20th December 2016 and 9th January 2017;
- Queenstown Lakes District Council cut off for standard LIM applications is 3.30pm on 23rd December 2016.
Immigration New Zealand (the government agency that processes Immigration Applications) offices within New Zealand will be closed between 24th December 2016 and the 3rd of January 2017. Please also note:
- The Skilled Migrant Category Expression of Interest (EOI) final draw for 2016 will take place on Wednesday 21st December. The first draw in 2017 will take place on Wednesday the 18 January 2017;
- The Investor 2 Expression of Interest (EOI) final draw for 2016 will take place on Thursday 22 December. The first draw in 2017 will take place on Thursday the 19 January.